Re: XFS and LSM

From: Keith Owens (kaosat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 03:17:08 PDT

    At 10:15 13-6-2002 +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
    >I wanted to build a system running the XFS file system and Linux Security
    >Modules (LSM), so I had a look at hacking the patch files to make them work.
    >
    >I found one issue where the patches severely conflict, system call 1217 on
    >IA64 is sys_setxattr for XFS and is sys_security for LSM!

    The *attr syscall numbers are official, in both Linus and Marcelo
    kernels.  LSM is picking an arbitrary syscall number for testing so
    they will have to find another number - and change user space to match.

    Pity Linus did not take my patch that reserves a range of syscall
    numbers for testing and provides a clean interface for determining
    which number to use.  Linus does not consider this to be a problem.