Re: New hooks for sock structure

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 05:38:28 PDT

    On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Chris Wright wrote:

    > >   In the UNIX case, we're not using the new hook. It's enough to just add
    > > the new sock structure as a parameter to unix_stream_connect() hook as
    > > part of this patch.
    >
    > Ah, so perhaps we should apply this bit while still working on the finer
    > details of the other part of the patch?

    Just to clarify, although we do not use the socket_sock_connect (aka
    tcp_create_openreq_child) hook for the UNIX case, we do need the security
    field in the struct sock for the UNIX case so that we can save the client
    information and retrieve it later.    Hence, merely adding the sock
    parameter to the unix_stream_connect hook doesn't help us.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private