Another version of stacker.c (URL attached)

From: dwheelerat_private
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 22:42:16 PDT

    Here's yet another version of stacker.c.  Thanks for the feedback, folks!
    Rather than post a mailbomb, I've placed the current version at:
     http://www.dwheeler.com/misc/stacker.c

    I've added a date - the current version is dated 2002-07-20, which
    is (proudly?) displayed near the beginning of the file.
    I'll just update this URL with newer versions, since I don't expect
    anyone to be interested in old drafts of this thing yet.

    Changes:
    * More documentation, especially noting that modules that want to be
      stackable must NOT, when stacked, try to do another's job.
      E.G., in capable(), your code should look like this:
            if (!secondary)
                    if (cap_is_fs_cap (cap) ? tsk->fsuid == 0 : tsk->euid == 0)
                             return 0;
            return -EPERM;
    * Also noted that modules that want to be stackable need to set
      "secondary" to 1 _before_ they register as a child module, to avoid
      a subtle race condition that only shows up when you try to write
      a stacking module.  This is an interesting race condition that is
      universal among stacking modules.  It means, BTW, that stackable
      modules (like owlsm) will need to have their secondary = 1
      statement moved.  Details in the comments.
    * Implemented a number of sys_security calls that apply to the
      stacker itself.  This includes the ability to disable adding children,
      removing children, and removing the module itself.
    * Added support for removing children.
    * Fixed a race condition when stacker is being stacked underneath
      ANOTHER multiplexor - now set secondary before registering.

    Greg K-H has made a few really nice comments that I haven't figured
    out how to respond to (re: locking and do .. while(0)).
    For the moment, they're in the comments as TODO items so they won't get lost
    or forgotten.