New sock security patches

From: Wayne Salamon (wsalamonat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 08:08:55 PDT

      Attached are two patches to support new functionality based on the sock
    security structure. I've added a parameter to the
    tcp_create_openreq_child() hook to add the listening sock.

      SELinux uses this change to label a new sock created from an accept()
    call with the security label from the listening sock. Any packets sent
    from the new sock before the user-space socket structure is attached will
    be labeled correctly. Previously, these packets were labeled with a
    default TCP socket SID.

      The SELinux post_create() hook was also changed to label a new sock with
    the SID of the user-space socket. It is possible within the network stack
    to have packets sent from a sock after being detached from the user
    socket. These packets were previously labeled with the default TCP SID, but
    now are labeled with the SID of the user socket.

      I've also attached, as separate patches, updates to LIDS and DTE for
    this patch and the previous sock security patch.

      Wayne

    --
    Wayne Salamon
    wsalamonat_private