Any assured channel work for Linux

From: Tim Bird (timat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 08:08:09 PDT

    Please pardon this slightly off-topic question.

    Does anyone know of any assured channel work going on
    for Linux?

    I've looked around at various projects, but don't see
    anything that directly addresses intra-machine
    assured channel IPCs.  I know that the MAC capabilities
    provided by LSM let me constrain access to things like
    /dev/mem, and to operations performed on pipes sockets.
    But would LSM hooks allow one process to
    authenticate another process at the other end of a
    standard IPC like a pipe or a shared memory segment?

    Thanks,