Early initialization of security modules

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 08:47:20 PDT

    I know that the issue of early initialization of security modules came up
    at OLS (i.e. initializing right after the security scaffold has
    initialized, prior to any kernel objects being created other than the
    initial task), and I think that Chris has an experimental patch
    implementing support for early initialization.  Such a patch would be
    useful to SELinux, as it would ensure that we can set up the security
    state for all kernel objects when they are created, as opposed to having
    to play catch up via precondition functions or trying to locate all such
    pre-existing objects during module initialization.  What do others think?

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private