Re: [patch] [sg]etaffinity hooks

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 11:23:25 PDT

    On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:05:36 PDT, Seth Arnold <sarnoldat_private>  said:

    > prevent cache thrashing; I don't see a point to mediating cpu affinity
    > in an access control module. (Well, aside from covert timing channels,

    Umm.. taking a shot in the dark here, but to make sure that one user can't
    cause a DoS against some production workload that needs affinity?  It
    would suck if your payroll system ran on a box that had 4 CPUs, and needed
    to set affinity to 3 of them - and Fred J Nasty has already started 2
    processes with affinity...