License go no go?

From: Dragan Stancevic (visitorat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 18:49:09 PDT

    Hey,

    I was wondering about the licensing issues with using the LSM. I am porting an
    intrusion detection software from Solaris to Linux and writing a LSM module
    would save a lot of time. It's a great framework.

    I read Linus' emails about it on l-k but it just confused me more since I
    don't think he fully answered the questions that some people had.

    Are proprietary loadable modules for LSM OK or not? I understand the issue
    with "tainting" and support from l-k developers which is reasonable. What I
    am wondering if there are other legal issues with it.

    Thanks a lot.

    --
    Peace can only come as a natural consequence
    of universal enlightenment. -Dr. Nikola Tesla