Fwd: [ols-announce] OLS2003: Call for Papers

From: Russell Coker (russellat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 11:24:50 PST

    So who's planning on offering a paper?

    I'd like to offer a paper but at the moment I'm a bit stuck for ideas.  I've
    got two months to think up something new and exciting about SE Linux that I
    can write a paper on.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Adding some better security to X would be exciting.  But I'm not sure how much
    work it'll take to get something done.  I wouldn't do everything that's
    needed (IE Trusted Path), all I want to do is to stop user_games_t from
    sniffing the keyboard.  I'm thinking that the X server should have some
    knowledge of SE security contexts and know what rights a program has when it
    connects.  Hopefully this would then encourage other people to do further
    work on the areas that aren't important enough to me that I want to do them.

    BTW  Have any of the people who said "I'd like to work on X security" actually
    done anything?