Re: Early initialization patch?

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 12:35:46 PST

    * Stephen D. Smalley (sdsat_private) wrote:

    > Are there any plans to commit the early initialization patch posted
    > previously by Chris Wright?  We would certainly like to have it for
    > SELinux.

    The linker script bit would need some cleanup, as the script has been
    renamed and changed a fair bit since I wrote that patch.  I like the
    idea, but I still think it would benefit from some better type of
    abstraction.  The ordered init thing that Pat Mochel did doesn't quite
    help us since it only orders within the scope of do_initcalls().  This
    is another change that should see a larger audience (lkml), IMHO.