value of task p_pptr in task_alloc_security

From: Tim Potter (tpotat_private)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 08:52:53 PST

    Hi.  I'm having a poke around with lsm and am trying to get the
    security information attached to a process inherited by child
    processes.  I've created a task_alloc_security function and it
    is being called appropriately when new tasks are spawned.

    My problem is that the p_pptr in the task struct passed points
    to the grandfather process not the father.  Is this a problem with
    old versions of LSM?  I'm using the 2.4.18 patch which I realise
    is quite old.

    Tim.