Re: [RFC] LSM fix for stupid "empty" functions

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 10:12:27 PST

    On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 05:59:10PM +0100, Olaf Dietsche wrote:
    > >  	VERIFY_STRUCT(struct security_operations, ops, err);
    >
    > This shouldn't be necessary anymore.

    Good point, I'll remove it.  It was a hack anyway :)

    > You're patching other people's data structures. Not everybody may like
    > this. Maybe it's even impossible on ROM based systems. Do you think a
    > copy is doable? Just a thought.

    Does the kernel work if data structures are in ROM?  I would think that
    lots of variables in the kernel would have this problem :)

    And yes, patching other people's data structures isn't the nicest thing
    to do, but it was the simplest proposal I've come up with so far (we've
    had a lot of other pretty "odd" proposals for this problem in the past.)

    > >  	if (verify (ops)) {
    > >  		printk (KERN_INFO "%s could not verify "
    >
    > When ops is NULL, this check is too late.

    Oops, forgot that, I'll go fix it up.

    thanks,

    greg k-h