Re: syscall numbers

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 19:40:21 PST

    On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 09:04:22PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
    > On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 20:18, Greg KH wrote:
    > > On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:04:15PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
    > > > At the moment the very existance of the sys_security() call is under
    > > > debate so there's probably no point in submitting a change upstream, but
    > > > I think it would be good for development purposes if we had a syscall
    > > > defined for all architectures in the LSM patch.
    > >
    > > There's no more debate, the syscall is dead.
    >
    > So what are we supposed to do until a replacement is devised?

    As LSM is only officially in 2.5, for 2.4 you can do whatever you want :)

    I'm guessing that by the time 2.6 comes out SELinux will have converted
    to using the new interfaces, whatever they are.

    > I'm quite happy to make up my own stuff for Debian/unstable if there's no
    > better options...

    Sounds fine with me, use the syscall if you like, but don't expect it to
    ever be in the main kernel tree.

    thanks,

    greg k-h