Re: syscall numbers

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 21:24:09 PST

    Greg KH wrote:

    >On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:26:09PM -0800, Crispin Cowan wrote:
    >
    >>We hope to do some work to come up with a syscal implementation
    >>that is more acceptable to the kernel community. We don't have anything
    >>yet, and we won't bother proposing until and unless we come up with
    >>something that will pass muster with Miller's issues, but it would
    >>really nice if the syscall number stuck around.
    >>

    >Who is "we"?

    WireX Research, and anyone else who wants to play. It's really OS
    research, and so not worth pestering Linus or the LSM community about
    until we have some results.

    >And why would it matter if the number suck around?  What's wrong with
    >using a new one if it's found to be really needed in the future?

    I suppose the syscall number doesn't really matter that much, it would
    just be convenient.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    Chief Scientist, WireX                      http://wirex.com/~crispin/
    			    Just say ".Nyet"