Re: [patch] Hook for d_instantiate

From: Serge E. Hallyn (hallynat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 09:38:24 PST

    > Of the other in-tree security modules, the only one that will be affected by the
    > removal of inode_post_lookup is DTE.  I would expect that Serge would want to

    I've looked through lxr, and it looks like i can get all the data I need
    at d_instantiate to make a decision.  Of course, what I don't know is
    whether it will be too early in the dentry setup.  But I've been having
    trouble getting 2.5 to compile on my laptop even without any lsm modules,
    so I haven't been able to test.

    I'll get back at it when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

    > is likely to be able to work on it.  I may be able to provide an initial cut at
    > a d_instantiate hook for DTE, but can't really vouch for its correctness.  Side

    If you release this week, that'll be appreciated.

    > note:  DTE doesn't compile in the 2.5 tree at present due to the sys_security
    > removal and header file issues.  I can fix the compilation problems, but
    > deciding how to address the sys_security removal for DTE is naturally up to
    > Serge.

    I guess it's time to look into an fs solution.

    -serge