c2 (or c2-like) auditing for Linux

From: Nathan Bardsley (nathanbat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 18:47:49 PST

    Hello everyone.  I'm trying to find out what the current status of
    c2-like auditing for Linux is.  The most recent info I've found has been
    on the LSM list from the summer of 2001, almost 18 months ago.  The only
    linuxBSM release is over two years old.  The documents for linux-privs
    seem to have sufficent detail, but it looks like the implementation
    hasn't gotten that far.

    I'm wondering how feasible it is to get that level of auditing into a
    modern Linux distribution (hypothetically speaking Red Hat 7.2).  If it
    is feasible, either as source code or a product, I'm very interested in
    expert opinions on how quickly it could be made real.

    Thanks for your time.

    --Nathan