Re: c2 (or c2-like) auditing for Linux

From: Casey Schaufler (caseyat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:18:34 PST

    Leigh Purdie wrote:

    > ... Once the LSM hooks we need are
    > available in an operational kernel, we're hoping to move SNARE in this
    > direction.

    We've been watching LSM. Hopefully some of the hostility
    the project had toward audit in the early days has worn off.
    Our own efforts have been sidetracked by our need to get
    the Altix 3000 to market, with any luck we should be able
    to get back in the swing of things sometime soon. Direct
    kernel integration is what LSM was slated to avoid, so do
    try to use it. We'll be looking at Snare real soon.

    --

    Casey Schaufler				Manager, Trust Technology, SGI
    caseyat_private				voice: 650.933.1634