About change of arguments in hooks

From: Weiqing Sun (wsunat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 22:16:58 PDT

    Hi,

    I'm thinking of implementing file redirection using LSM hooks, e.g.
    The deletion on /opt/2 will be applied to /tmp/2_victim.

    And the hook inode_unlink(struct inode *dir, struct dentry *dentry) will be
    used, besides the extra work of keeping dcache consistent,  I've got to
    change the value of two pointers dir and dentry to make them pointing to
    /tmp and 2_victim instead.

    I just wonder if this approach will bring some important side effect? I'm
    afraid it's not the right way of making using of LSM infrastructure.

    Thanks for your suggestions!

    wsun