Re: web issue of LSM maillist

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 20:41:43 PDT

    Ling, Xiaofeng wrote:

    >It seems the archieved mail can not be read by this page.
    >http://mail.wirex.com/pipermail/linux-security-module/
    >I found that because the URL in this page is in wrong capitaliztion status.
    >Such as "2003-may:/date.html" should be "2003-May:/date.html"

    Where, specifically, is the bad link?

    I went to http://mail.wirex.com/pipermail/linux-security-module/ clicked
    on the "date" link
    http://mail.wirex.com/pipermail/linux-security-module/2003-May:/date.html
    and clicked a random post
    http://mail.wirex.com/pipermail/linux-security-module/2003-May:/4341.html
    and it worked.

    However, it has been reported that these URLs are problematic due to the
    ":" embedded in the middle. Apparently this violates a standard, and
    causes problems for some versions of IE, older (pre 1.0) Mozilla, and
    Lynx actually reports an error of "Unsupported URL scheme".

    We have not fixed it, because changing the scheme would invalidate all
    of the URLs that search engine spiders have indexed.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/