Cannot load root_plug or capability: Security framework already initialized (2.5.66)

From: Axelle Apvrille (LMC) (Axelle.Apvrilleat_private)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 08:50:54 PDT

    Hi all,
    I'm trying to get to load the root_plug module on a Linux kernel 2.5.66
    patched with LSM, but the register_security won't:

    cd /usr/src/linux-2.5.66/security
    insmod ./root_plug.ko
    Error inserting './root_plug.ko': -1 Invalid parameters

    And if I go and look in /var/log/messages I see:

    May 21 11:40:36 munster kernel: There is already a security framework
    initialized, register_security failed.
    May 21 11:40:36 munster kernel: Failure registering Root Plug module
    with the kernel
    May 21 11:40:36 munster kernel: Failure registering Root Plug  module
    with primary security module.

    ==> but I can't see what security framework I would have loaded before !
    1. I do not have any modules loaded
    2. I have compiled my kernel with the following Security options:
      CONFIG_SECURITY=y
      CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK=y
      CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m
      CONFIG_SECURITY_ROOTPLUG=m
      # CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX is not set
      # CONFIG_SECURITY_OWLSM is not set
      # CONFIG_SECURITY_DTE is not set

    How can I get rid of the security framework that's already loaded and
    prevents me from loading my own ??

    Thanks
    Axelle.