User mode

From: Dumitru Stama (dicsat_private)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 10:59:22 PDT

    Hello everybody
    I have a question that might sound a bit strange but i need to
    implement something like this in a linux kernel module without any
    help from ring3 processes (daemons or simple processes).
    Can i use something (even a hack) to allocate memory below the
    0C0000000h memory space ? Using kmalloc i can only get pages that are
    accessible from the kernel address space and i can't use that memory
    for storing the parameters to call sys_open for example (i get bad
    address error, ofcourse).
    Do you have any suggestions ? I am using Nasm to develop my module.

    Thank you very much for your time
    Dumitru Stama