Re: Cannot load root_plug or capability: Security framework already initialized (2.5.66)

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 15:00:22 PDT

    On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 05:40:28PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieksat_private wrote:
    > This code will probably die a really horrid death if you don't have USB
    > support compiled into the kernel.

    The module will not load if the USB core is not in the kernel.

    > For that matter, it's unclear to me how you're supposed to run a
    > hotplug event if the USB device isn't plugged in when you boot. :)

    Just make sure that the USB core is compiled in, and the specific USB
    device is plugged in.  Yes, pre-USB device discovery instances of
    /sbin/hotplug will probably not work well, I'd recommend loading the
    module after booting and the USB core is up and running.

    > (And of course, there's been a LOT of work on the USB
    > side - somebody needs to check the walk-the-tree code for bit rot).

    Still looks proper.  Actually I should move that logic into the USB core
    for others to use, just haven't gotten around to it...

    thanks,

    greg k-h