Re: Secure Halt/Reboot/Shutdown

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 11:59:22 PDT

    On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:53:21AM -0700, Michael Halcrow wrote:
    > Is there a flag set in the kernel that indicates that we are in
    > ``shutdown'' mode?  (Perhaps the init level can be used?)  Is this
    > whole issue heavily distro-dependent?

    I can't answer the rest of your points, but I can mention that init
    level is entirely a construct of init(8). Some distributions don't have
    init levels (typically using "bsd initscripts"), and other distributions
    quite possibly have odder constructs (dependency-based init scripts,
    such as written by richard gooch).

    init level isn't the answer you are looking for. :(

    --
    "The Constitution of the United States is the law for rulers and people,
    equally in war and peace, and covers with the shield of its protection all