Re: Howto read a file off disk?

From: Omen Wild (Omen.Wildat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 09:41:19 PDT

    Quoting Valdis.Kletnieksat_private <Valdis.Kletnieksat_private> on Fri, Jul 18 12:34:

    > What about the use of SSE instructions to speed up the crypto hashing?  I can't
    > remember if that counts as floating point or not....

    For now we are targeting the 2.4 series, so I copied the SHA1 code from
    2.5.  When we port to 2.5 I'm planning on using the SHA1 that is built
    in.  We will get all the benefits of the kernel's crypto code.  If
    someone hardware accelerates it, all the better for us.  ;-)

    --
    We are not a clone.