Re: How to get full pathname from an inode?

From: Jesse Pollard (jesse@cats-chateau.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:20:29 PDT

    On Friday 25 July 2003 16:06, Omen Wild wrote:
    > Quoting Jesse Pollard <jesse@cats-chateau.net> on Fri, Jul 25 15:58:
    > > You are ASSUMING that it remains in the page/file cache.
    >
    > Good point.
    >
    > So it comes down to a need to detect all changes to a file and require
    > a re-validation.  Anyone know what all of the LSM hooks that need to be
    > tapped are?

    nearly all of them except perhaps the network ones... :-)

    I think it would involve all of the VFS ones, mount, umount, module
    load/unload... proc and devfs/sysfs should/might be covered by the VFS ones
    kmem? ...

    That was one reason I said it would be much easier to use a CD in read only
    mode.. or clip the write signal off of the disk connector.

    And if you layer the SELinux as well, you nearly invalidate the need. SELinux
    starts off with a "trusted base", which is assumed not to change.

    If only those files were checked by bios/epromp/boot whatever, then you would
    be set. Once the trusted core is verified and running (ie, just before init is
    started), there should be no need to retest them.

    You could do so, of course, just to provide a ongoing verification, but I
    don't think it would be necessary to test on every file open.