Re: Man to Boy love

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 20:50:40 PDT

    Russell Coker wrote:

    >On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:18, Roger Rodrigues wrote:
    >

    >>We are back! Promoting the ONLY open boy/man relationship forum. It is NOT
    >>a crime for a man to love a boy
    >>

    >Now that paedophiles are spamming here I think that something needs to be done
    >about making the list fully moderated.
    >
    >Spam on this list has gone beyond the level of annoyance.

    Repulsive as that spam was, we've already been told that closing the
    list is unacceptable to the LKML participants. The only thing I can
    think of is something sneaky like closing the list and turning off the
    notification so that no one knows its closed except that it appears to
    be slow for non-subscribed posters. Since they're not subscribed, they
    many not even notice. But that's deceptive and childish, and I don't
    really want to do that.

    And at the present time, it would also be infeasible to close the list.
    The net is under heavy bombardment by the Swen virus, so the mailman
    interface is choked with bogus posts. If it were closed, the risk of a
    moderator mistakenly rejecting a legitimate post would be very high.

    FWIW, the spam went through spamassassin, and only scored a 1.5. It was
    very carefully crafted to pass filters. I don't want to post the current
    filter settings to a public archive, but I would cheerfully share the 21
    lines of Mailman filter commands with any individual who would like to
    suggest improvement.

    >Also could someone report the spam to the FBI.

    I have personally reported it to spamcop.net.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.           http://immunix.com/~crispin/
    Chief Scientist, Immunix       http://immunix.com
                http://www.immunix.com/shop/