Re: dirjail module

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@private
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 20:56:29 PST

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:42:26 EST, "Serge E. Hallyn" <hallyn@private>  said:
    > *  for count in 00 01 02 03; do
    > *    echo -n /home/s$count > /proc/jails
    > *  done

    Semantic question here: Is /home/s01 the jail?  If so, are things confined
    to /home/s01/usera and /home/s01/userb able to reference each other?

    If not, do you have to set up a jail per user, and the intended
    semantic was 'echo /home/s*/* > /proc/jails'?

    >  *  echo -n /bin > /proc/exec_exceptions
    >  *  echo -n /lib > /proc/exec_exceptions

    I'll bite.  Should > and >> have different semantics here? (If not,
    how do you do a multi-value? In one write with embedded \n or something?)

    Is it acceptable in the general case to have one system-wide value
    for exec_exceptions?

    What's the advantage of doing this rather than doing a 'mount --bind' to
    populate a chroot jail?