Trouble with installation of lsm kernel patch and SE linux Packages on Debian

From: Torben Krause (torben.krause@private)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:18:33 PST

    Hello,

    i'm Torben from Kiel in Germany. For a few months i want to build very
    secure server and firewall maschine with debian. So i've tried to
    install SE Linux on my debian stable Machine (2.4.20 vanilla kernel) but
    i run in trouble.
    I'm an newbie to this stuff but i'm also very intrested to learn more
    about that.

    Here my Questions:

    Which kernel patch must i use for lsm, kernel-patch-2.4-oldlsm or
    kernel-patch-2.4-lsm ? And is there a for 2.4.23/woody ?

    Furthermore, i want to know whether i've understood the information on
    russel cokers webpage  right: new SE Linux is only available to 2.4 as
    unstable (beside 2.6 kernel). Old SE Linux is available as unstable and
    stable to 2.4.

    Is that right ?!?

    So, first i patched my kernel with the lsm infrastructure
    (kernel-patch-2.4-lsm_2003.04.07 as .deb) with make-kpkg. In the next
    step i installed
    libselinux-dev_2003081307,selinux-policy-default_1:1.1-3.bam.1 and
    selinux, the management utilities. I've taken the files from deb
    http://selinux.lemuria.org/debian/ stable selinux main.

    While the installion process of the selinux-policy-default i got the
    follwing error mesage:

    Setting up selinux-policy-default (1.1-3.bam.1) ...
    SE Linux not running so files not relabeled.
    Run 'make -C /etc/selinux/ relabel' manually to relabel.
    /usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration from
    /etc/security/selinux/src/policy.conf
    ERROR 'parse error' at token 'normal_config_file_read_access' on line
    84244: normal_config_file_read_access(spamd_t)

    /usr/bin/checkpolicy:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
    make: *** [/etc/security/selinux/policy.12] Error 1
    dpkg: error processing selinux-policy-default (--configure):
      subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
      selinux-policy-default

    What is wrong there ?

    PS: by the way, excuse may not very well english

    bye
    Torben K.