task_post_setgid ?

From: Chandra Seetharaman (sekharan@private)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 13:45:29 PST

    Hello,

    In the list of security hooks, for setuid()(and family), I see two hooks -
    task_setuid() and task_post_setuid(), one for checking the permissions and
    the second for setting the capabilities. But, for setgid(), I see only
    task_setgid(), no task_post_setgid().

    To my understanding, the rationale for providing task_post_setuid() holds
    good for providing task_post_setgid(). What is the rationale for not having
    the post hook for setgid() ?

    thanks & regards,

    chandra

        Chandra Seetharaman               | Be careful what you choose....
                  - sekharan@private   |      .......you may get it.