REPLY SOON

From: mbatealann@private
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 11:57:16 PST

    This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been attached
    along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted
    mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.

    Content preview:  Dear Friend, As you read this, I don't want you to feel
      sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. My name is
      BATES ALAN a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with
      Esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and
      right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical
      experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never
      really cared for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am
      very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and
      only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But
      now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than
      just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when
      God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life
      a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I
      have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate
      and extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God
      to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms
      to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good
      deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity
      organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health
      has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once
      asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute
      the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and
      Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do
      not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I
      have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is the
      huge cash deposit of eighteen million dollars $18,000,000,00 that I
      have with a finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me
      collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations. I have
      set aside 10% for you and for your time. God be with you. BATES ALAN
      [...]

    Content analysis details:   (8.20 points, 5 required)
    NO_REAL_NAME       (1.0 points)  From: does not include a real name
    US_DOLLARS_3       (1.5 points)  BODY: Nigerian scam key phrase ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)
    BAYES_01           (-6.6 points) BODY: Bayesian classifier says spam probability is 1 to 10%
                       [score: 0.0943]
    SUBJ_ALL_CAPS      (0.7 points)  Subject is all capitals
    ROUND_THE_WORLD_LOCAL (2.6 points)  Received: says mail bounced around the world (HELO)
    RCVD_IN_DSBL       (3.9 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
                       [RBL check: found 180.233.202.81.list.dsbl.org.]
    RCVD_IN_NJABL      (4.5 points)  RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
                       [RBL check: found 180.233.202.81.dnsbl.njabl.org., type: 127.0.0.9]
    PRIORITY_NO_NAME   (0.6 points)  Message has priority setting, but no X-Mailer

    attached mail follows: