Re: Problem of attaching a security structer to sock in 2.6.4!!

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 05:29:07 PDT

    On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 22:26, Yuan Chunyang wrote:
    > Now what I did is adding new patch in my source tree of 2.6.4.
    > clone_tcp_sk is added into tcp_create_openreq_child function.
    > Maybe it is not a good way . But it's working now :)

    Yes, clone_tcp_sk should replace the memcpy of the sk so that the
    security field is not clobbered and aliased.

    > Could you tell me the address of bk tree of 2.6.4 ?

    If you mean the lsm-2.6 bk tree, then it is lsm.bkbits.net/lsm-2.6.  But
    I'd recommend just working off the mainline kernel, e.g.
    linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 or grab 2.6.6 from kernel.org.

    > Why does mainline kernel not accept the network part of lsm in 2.6 ? For efficiency or else ?

    There were concerns about maintainability and proper abstraction, as
    well as a belief that NetFilter already supports much of what is needed.

    --
    Stephen Smalley <sds@private>
    National Security Agency