Re: Mediating send_sigurg

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 13:28:49 PDT

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 16:23, Chris Wright wrote:
> I think this is reasonble consolidation into sigio_perm.  Could add the
> signal value that will be used.  It seems that having a permission
> check that can be bypassed by user is bad idea.  Does SELinux validate
> the signum at fctnl setsig time?

No, we just map fown->signum or SIGIO if it is 0 to the appropriate
signal permission in the selinux_file_send_sigiotask hook.  So we likely
do need to have the caller pass the signal to sigio_perm and then onto
the security hook so that we can distinguish SIGURG appropriately.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@private>
National Security Agency