about linux kenel module configure file using xml

From: Yuan Chunyang (cyyuan79@private)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 01:26:26 PDT

hi, I want to write a configure file on XML format. The kenel module can
read this file on init. But the xml library, such as libxml2, is in user
space. The kenel module can not using its functions.

One way is :  write a user-space tools to translate the configure file
into binary file. The kenel module then reads the binary file, e.g.
XML file -> binary file -> kenel

I wonder if there are other flexibile ways. Can someone tell me a way to
parse the XML configure file on kenel space?

Thanx.

     _ __
 |\/      \/ ______     Yuan Chunyang    (Ph.D candidate)
 \|    . . || |\\\\\    Open System & Chinese Information Processing Center
  (   ( oo))| | ------  Institute of Software , Chinese Academy of Sciences
   /  \    \| |   ||||  P.O.Box 8718     Beijing 100080           P.R.China
  (___\^^^^^|_|___||||  Email:   chunyang03at_private