Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Collision regression test suite released

From: Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro (lorenzo@private)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 15:16:44 PST

El mar, 18-01-2005 a las 15:04 -0800, Chris Wright escribió:
> * Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro (lorenzo@private) wrote:
> > Past days I wrote about a regression test suite which i used to explain
> > why a grsecurity-like security improvement could be good for mainline
> > inclusion, and also, that at least the 50% of the faults it shows on
> > Vanilla sources could be solved without major blocking issues (aka big
> > deals, whatever else).
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look.  Do you categorize the faults in any way?

There are separators to make sections of similar tests, but still not a
nifty "per-type" sections organization.
I would like to improve it and use percents and such instead of simple
"Vulnerable" and "Not vulnerable" results, so, you can have a global
idea of the current security status.
Patches are welcome, as I don't have a lot of time now (school "normal"
rhythm started this week).

Cheers,
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo@private> [1024D/6F2B2DEC]
[2048g/9AE91A22] Hardened Debian head developer & project manager