Re: Latest release of stacker

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 07:25:49 PST

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 12:48 -0600, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> www.sf.net/projects/lsm-stacker has a new update of the stacker
> patches.  I've gone back to most things lockless for the sake of
> performance.  See item # 4 under the updates for the RCU (-less)
> info, and the file stacker_rcu_test.txt (in the latest
> sourceforge release for some performance data) . See item # 2 for
> the rwlock (-less) info.  Both require some extra knowledge from
> modules writers which is not yet reflected in
> Documentation/security-stacking.txt.

Also, does your performance data include a comparison of a vanilla
2.6.11-rc4-bk9 kernel (with SELinux+capabilities stacked in the existing
manner) vs. with your patches and SELinux+cap_stack stacked via stacker?
That is what we truly want to know - what overhead will this impose on
existing SELinux systems.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@private>
National Security Agency