Re: Thoughts on the "No Linux Security Modules framework" old claims

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 13:37:42 PST

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro wrote:

>Also, it was a pretty good thing from them this piece of work.
>Think that they investors may dislike the model they followed when the
>merge happened, anyways, and as an example, I pretty ignore those
>patents claims,for example, think that Type Enforcement (TE) is patented
>and before SELinux got in mainline the enterprise with rights on the
>patent made a public announcement about their "opening" and "for-free"
>use of their patented model.

You are confused. It is Secure Computing Corporation that holds patents
that threaten SELinux
http://www.securecomputing.com/pdf/Statement_of_Assurance.pdf

Immunix has never threatened any open source project with patent
infringement.

Please get your facts straight before accusing someone of a serious act
like that.

Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com