Re: Thoughts on the "No Linux Security Modules framework" old claims

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 14:07:28 PST

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro wrote:

>El mié, 23-02-2005 a las 13:37 -0800, Crispin Cowan escribió:
>

>>Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro wrote:
>>You are confused. It is Secure Computing Corporation that holds patents
>>that threaten SELinux
>>http://www.securecomputing.com/pdf/Statement_of_Assurance.pdf
>>
>>Immunix has never threatened any open source project with patent
>>infringement.
>>

>You got it wrong, I was talking about SCC, not Immunix, relating the TE
>patent, anyways, it's my fault to don't refer to SCC instead of "the
>enterprise" which could lead to confusion.I apologize for that.

If that is what you meant, then we had no issue.

It looked like you were referring to Immunix because, in the quoted
text, one paragraph only discussed Immunix (by name) and then the
subsequent paragraph just said "them" and then talked about patents.
There was no mention of SCC.

So even if you meant SCC, the casual reader only saw "Immunix" followed
by "patents", and would infer the obvious.

Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com