Re: Latest release of stacker

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 08:48:23 PST

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 09:58 -0600, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> The modified stacker creates a list_head for each LSM hook and adds a
> module's hook to the list only if it is defined.  This way we don't have
> to check for (module->operation) for each module on each hook call.
> This results in performance on macrobenchmarks (kernel compile) which
> actually seems on par with or slightly better than non-stacker.  Lmbench
> results (attached) for some reason do not back this up.  I can't explain
> those results.  Might just try a whole new set of lmbench tests, in case
> I left some service enabled.

Some of the data seems to be missing, or I'm blind.  hlist and stack are
missing their UDP data, while nostack is missing TCP conn data.

Which results did you view as especially problematic?  It would help to
have a summary table comparing the means of the different
configurations.

In the past, I think I've run a lot of trials of lmbench to reduce
noise, not sure you are running enough here.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@private>
National Security Agency