Re: Stacker performance results

From: Stephen Smalley (sds@private)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 05:22:20 PST

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 14:55 -0600, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Attached are a set of performance results comparing 2.6.11-rc5 under
> RedHat REL4 on power5 1.5Ghz, 4cpus (smt-enabled=0), 16G RAM, with an
> ext2 filesystem.  -nostack is a kernel with selinux and capability.
> stack is a kernel with stacker, selinux, and cap_stack.
>
> dbench (run as dbench -c client_plain.txt 4, three times)
> nostack:   872.617 882.029 870.968
> stack:     799.608 798.028 800.122
>
> hackbench (run as ./hackbench 100)
> nostack:   5.064
> stack:     6.721
>
> unixbench (full report files are attached)
> nostack:   494.3
> stack:     447.1

Hmmm...I'm surprised at how poorly stacker faired in these benchmarks,
given the changeover to being lockless for the LSM chains and for the
stacker.  Where is the latest version of the code?  The attachment from
your earlier posting?  Or the sourceforge site?

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@private>
National Security Agency