Re: New stacker performance results

From: David A. Wheeler (dwheeler@private)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 10:19:13 PDT

Thanks so much for these very nice performance results!
I feel vindicated in my original assertion about stacking
(that with a careful lockless approach, the overhead shouldn't be bad).

These performance results seem to suggest that the stacking overhead
is relatively small, in many cases negligeable. And it's
only paid by those who choose to use stacking anyway.
A delightful result!!

My thanks to those who continued the stacking work & turned it
into something actually useful.

--- David A. Wheeler