Re: New stacker performance results

From: Casey Schaufler (casey@schaufler-ca.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 10:54:04 PDT

--- Stephen Smalley <sds@private> wrote:

> SELinux == flexible MAC architecture

OKay, since no one else has, I'll bit on this one.

I accept your assertion that SELinux is a
flexible MAC architecture. I've understood
that since I first saw it in the basement
room with the flashing red light in 1999.

Not all security policies are Mandatory.
There is value in descretionary policies
as well. Name one? Supervisor sign-off,
dual authorization, program access lists,
to name three. Now, I fully expect to hear
that:
     1. These could be implemented as
        Mandatory policies
     2. No one has ever implemented any