Re: nominal lsm module example

From: Manfred Wahsmann (mw@private)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 14:10:35 PDT

On Fri, 27 May 2005, rjf wrote:

> I am looking to hook execv[e] in a 2.6.11 (gentoo) kernel. After
> pouring over various net searches for the last hour or so, I am fairly
> certain that LSM is the right way to accomplish this.
>
> Is there a simple example (that builds) LSM module I could start/learn with?

I wrote two AWK scripts for bootstraping and maintaintenance of LSMs which
are available as lsm-skeleton.awk and lsm-genstruct.awk at
http://www.berlinos.de/Snippets/

The first script generates a skeleton C file with empty hook functions
which needs only minor editing to compile cleanly while the latter
generates a matching header file whih needs to be regenerated with kernel
version changes.

HTH
--
Frequently miss(typ)ed Unix commands:
  mountz: you're looking for the cat(1), aren't you?