stacker and dummy

From: Tony Jones (tonyj@private)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 15:49:26 PDT

I was poking around with stacker and built a stacker enabled kernel but without
any sub-security modules builtin.  Perhaps not recommended behaviour, but
supported.

I noticed I couldn't ssh into the box (still havn't figured out what hook
is is thats causing ssh to drop out, clearly it's not capable :-).

Dawned on me that as soon as stacker registers, dummy is no longer being
referenced. I found some discussion on list regarding falling thru to dummy
when a module fails to implement a hook, but couldn't find any discussion
related to this issue.

I coded up a quick'n'dirty patch to verify what was going on.

I know there has been (pre-stacker) talk of replacing dummy with capability,
though composing into stacker brings up the issue of capability vs cap_stack.

Thanks!

Tony