Re: stacker and dummy

From: serue@private
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 13:28:44 PDT

Quoting Chris Wright (chrisw@private):
> * Tony Jones (tonyj@private) wrote:
> > Dawned on me that as soon as stacker registers, dummy is no longer being
> > referenced. I found some discussion on list regarding falling thru to dummy
> > when a module fails to implement a hook, but couldn't find any discussion
> > related to this issue.
>
> Serge, could you look at this?

Sorry for the delayed response.  (I've been on the road since friday.)

Thanks, Tony, and good catch.

It seems to me the right thing to do is to continue the current
non-stacker behavior of dummy being loaded until something else is
loaded, then popping dummy and pushing the new module.  Since dummy
doesn't store any information, and since dummy_security_ops won't be
deleted, there shouldn't be any funky locking issues.  I should be able
to just swap demmy with the new module and unset an no_lsms_loaded
boolean all under an rcu_read_lock().

Does anyone disagree?  Should behavior change?  (I'm not sure how else
it would change other than to make capabilities the default)  If not,
I'll send out a patch for this tomorrow.

thanks,
-serge