Re: lsm stacker

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 09:14:50 PDT

David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Stephen Smalley asked:
> > Do you really want to encourage proliferation of ad-hoc special purpose
> > LSMs?
>
> Yes, I think it's a good idea, but perhaps
> my mental model of "typical stacking use" is very
> different from yours.
Me too. I have in mind several special-purpose LSM's. They would be
field composable because I would design them to be composable.

With Stacker, I could at least try to make them composable with SELinux
(although SELinux makes that difficult). Without Stacker, I have no
choice but to implement my own stacking protocol and that would
effectively exclude SELinux from the stack.

I know I originally advocated the "stack it yourself" protocol, but I'm
quite impressed with the Stacker work, and it has changed my mind.

Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://immunix.com/~crispin/
Director of Software Engineering, Novell  http://novell.com