Re: LSM in wireless ?

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 03:22:44 PDT

rishikesh naik wrote:
> For wireless security, if i add hooks to mac layer in
> wireless stack ,would it be beneficial and/or
> efficient?

You would have to be a lot more specific before anyone can usefully
answer your question.

> What can be the possible options to implement lsm in
> wireless stack ?

LSM is about mediation: you get to write a kernel module that can tell
an application "no, you don't get to do that." I have no idea if that is
useful for "wirelesss security" because most of the wireless security
issues I am familiar with have nothing to do with mediation, they are
more about crappy authentication and spoofing.

What did you have in mind?

Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://crispincowan.com/~crispin/
Director of Software Engineering, Novell  http://novell.com