LSM Documentation and/or examples

From: Mark Bainter (mbainter@private)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 13:46:08 PDT

I'm looking to write a fairly simple (at least at first) module that I can
use to just log all of the commands root executes on a machine. I think LSM
is probably the best way to handle this from what I've read so far, but I"m
having trouble getting started.

I've been reviewing the general linux kernel module documentation already.
I've done some work there before, though mostly in patches. The root plug
module is interesting...but the code doesn't (at least at first blush) seem
to reflect the current code. Is it more up to date than it seems to my
untrained eyes?

I'm curious if there are some other examples out there that I can look at?
Preferably something simpler to get into than say SELinux. Or is there some
documentation I can read? I looked over the documentation at
immunix.org<http://immunix.org>,
but it is mostly an overview and then a list of functions. Valuable and
appreciated to be sure, but I was hoping for a bit more detail on the
concepts and such.

Thanks