Re: LSM Documentation and/or examples

From: Mark Bainter (mbainter@private)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 15:51:18 PDT

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 8:16 am, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> I know that you said you wanted to look at something simpler than
> SELinux, but did you look at the tech report on the implementation of
> SELinux as a LSM?
> http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/papers/module/t1.html
>
> SELinux may be a little difficult to get into, but it should serve as a
> good example for you; it has been subjected to a lot of scrutiny by
> virtue of being in the mainline kernel, and it provides very extensive
> coverage.

Just to be sure I'm clear, I have nothing against selinux as a system,
but the code is fairly extensive and so much more than what I'm trying
to do that its a little further into the deep end than I want to jump at
the moment from a learning perspective.

Thanks for the pointer to auditd by the way, ill take a look at it.  Not
sure how I missed that one.