re:greetingz

From: John Campbell (jcampbellat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 15:12:41 PDT

    There's an excellent product from Adiscon Software AG called WinSyslog that
    provides a syslogd for Windows NT/2000.  Engine runs as a service; has a gui
    front end for config.  We use it to collect firewall logs for analysis using
    perl.  Though not free software, licensing costs are very reasonable ($40 US
    or so.)  This same company provides a realtime? Win event log monitor called
    EventReporter- it can watch eventlogs and report via syslog or email.  I'm
    less familiar with it.  See www.adiscon.com for details.

    John Campbell, Information Security Engineer
    Washington School Information Processing Cooperative
     (WSIPC)
    E-mail: jcampbellat_private