Re: NT Syslog

From: D Tuinstra (tuinstraat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 07:29:05 PDT

    On Friday 10 August 2001 20:54, Hal Snyder wrote:
    > Tina Bird <tbird@precision-guesswork.com> writes:
    > > SecurityFocus doesn't have a public access FTP site,
    > > but if you would like to e-mail me your code, I will
    > > add it to the Web site I'm building (thanks to everyone
    > > who replied with variations of "hell yes").  I will
    > > try to let the list know how long it will take me to
    > > get the thing up and running.
    >
    > FTP is so 80's anyway...
    >
    > There were a couple other requests, so I have temporarily put the
    > relevant files at
    >
    > http://www.enteract.com/~hal/ntlog/

    I've written a small C++ class called
    "Logger" that wraps and simplifies the syslog interface.
    You can instantiate objects to log via syslog or an ostream;
    the way the objects are used in code is exactly the same.
    License is public domain.  It's all of about 100 lines, in
    one .h file, and contains what I hope is enough documen-
    tation to readily use and understand, as well as some
    rudimentary testing code.

    It's at

       http://www.clarkson.edu/~tuinstra/logger

    It works as is, though there are some TO DOs listed that
    would make it even more useful if implemented.

    [Hal, feel free to grab a copy and put it on your site.]

      --Dwight